Notwithstanding anything contained in this section, any social media intermediary,—
- with users above such threshold as may be notified by the Central Government, in consultation with the Authority; and
- whose actions have, or are likely to have a significant impact on electoral democracy, security of the State, public order or the sovereignty and integrity of India,
shall be notified by the Central Government, in consultation with the Authority, as a significant data fiduciary:
Provided that different thresholds may be notified for different classes of social media intermediaries.
Explanation.—For the purposes of this sub-section, a "social media intermediary" is an intermediary who primarily or solely enables online interaction between two or more users and allows them to create, upload, share, disseminate, modify or access information using its services, but shall not include intermediaries which primarily,—
- enable commercial or business oriented transactions;
- provide access to the Internet;
- in the nature of search-engines, on-line encyclopedias, e-mail services or online storage services.